Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Super Sister-in-Law

Erin, my fabulous sister-in-law, had her birthday this last Friday. So this short little tribute is a bit belated but nonetheless heartfelt. Although we've never been able to spend that much time together, I have observed that one of Erin's best qualities is her absolute determination to love people no matter what. Even though people may disappoint her or let her down, Erin is never one to give up on them. It's that sticktoitiveness that, for me, genuinely reflects the character of God that I especially see demonstrated again and again in the Hebrew Bible.


When it comes to being a wife, I've seen that Erin is also tremendously gifted at that thing the NT calls "submitting to one another." Their marriage is and will continue to be a blessing to their children and to so many people who need a living example of a healthy marriage. Erin is also a loving and dedicated mother. All I can say is, "wow." Without spoiling her children she still manages to lavish them with love.

I'm thankful for you, Erin, and I hope you had a great birthday ... you're a super sister-in-law!

No comments: