Thursday, September 13, 2007

He'll Do Whatever It Takes

I was out running in the gray-green shadows of my neighborhood this evening, listening to worship music on my ipod shuffle and hoping that I could make it to the top of the hill without keeling over. It turned out to be a wonderfully intense time of worship. As I was showering up afterward, several different people that I love came to mind, and then, for whatever reason, this song began to stir in my soul. I don't know the current situation of all those I was thinking of, but I do know that we all need to be reminded of God's relentless love quite often. The song is called, "He'll Do Whatever It Takes."

Verse 1
"You don't know just how far away from home I've been,"
She said as she looked into my eyes.
"Could it be I've strayed behind mercy's outstretched hand,
And now His grace no longer stoops to hear my cry?
You see, I just want to know, tell me how far will He go?
Will He still reach to me in spite of where I've been?"
And I told her...

Chorus
He'll do whatever, whatever it takes
His grace reaches lower than your worst mistakes
And His love will run father than you can run away, my friend
He'll do whatever, whatever it takes
He'll do whatever it takes.

Verse 2
"They say His love is patient, that He always hears a prayer,
And that His love will follow you despite the miles.
My best years of life I've wasted - why would He even really care?
What have I to give that He would find worthwhile?
You see, I just want to know, tell me how far will He go?
Will He still reach to me in spite of who I am?"
Let me tell you...

(Chorus)

Bridge
He'll just keep reaching, until He finds a way
To bring you back to where you belong.
Come on back home.

(Chorus)

If this song has spoken to you, don't let it end there ... run into Mercy's outstretched arms, and let Him bring you back to where you belong.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: